I had seen these Spaghetti Cupcakes in the Hello Cupcake Cookbook and knew they would be perfect for the Coletti Spaghetti party. This cookbook is great because it has great ideas to make ordinary cupcakes extraordinary. And the pictures are so fun to look at! This is the first in their series but I recommend checking it out! See step by step instructions below!
To make these it is very simple.
You will need:
- White cupcakes (if you are like me Betty Crocker cupcake mix is the way to go!)
- Frosting - we made simple shortening frosting like this one here.
- Ferrero Rocher Hazelnut Chocolates
- Strawberry Jam
- Yellow Food coloring
1. tint frosting with a hint of yellow food coloring to create the spaghetti
2. Frost white cupcakes with the frosting.
3. Place rest of colored frosting in ziplock bag and barely snip corner to allow for a very small opening (about a 1/16")
4. Squeeze frosting onto the cupcakes. I recommend plating them first as they are hard to move once iced. We did all on one plate to look like a big plate of spaghetti and meatballs with one seperated for the birthday plate.
5. Put Strawberry Jam in a bowl and toss chocolate balls in the jam until well coated then spoon 1 chocolate and some of the excess jam onto the cupcakes. Its okay if its messy because so is spaghetti sauce!
Easy Peasy! and a huge hit! Everyone got a big kick out of these.